- [S102] Obituary, Todd County Argus, (28 Jan 1897), Ful-PW1, p 2., We also have a copy of an Obituary that appeared in the "Long PrairieLeader" which has expanded wording, but the date is unknown. Excerptsfrom the two documents:
The funeral was held from the Baptist church, Tuesday afternoon, Rev.Chas. Poole, pastor of the Baptist church at Little Falls officiated andthe remains were buried here.
Deceased was born at Boston, Mass., March 10th, 1823 and in 1842 wasmarried to Miss Zilpha P. Buckman, who survives him. Before the age of21 he began studying for the ministry and graduated from the Andovertheological school and was a good Hebrew and Greek scholar. [we have notproven this to date]. He came to Todd county in 1870 and was the founderof and first pastor of the Baptist church here; which was built in 1873.He was also the founder of the Baptist church of Sauk Centre. His agedcompanion 72 years old and two sons and two daughters survive him.
He was only sick a few days, and many did not even know he was illuntil a day or so before he died. He had been ailing for a long timepast, but he did not give up his church work till he was taken to hisbed on Wednesday of last week. Week before last he was holding specialcottage meetings about town and the following Sunday, just one weekbefore he died, regardless of the storm, he was in his pulpit at theBaptist church and held services both morning and evening.
Rev. Fuller was a native of Massachusetts, born as he was in the city ofBoston. At an early age he studied for the ministry and after graduatingat Andover college took up the ministry as his life's work, and wasactively engaged in this work all his life with the exception of threeyears during the war. At the breaking out of the rebellion he was pastorof one of the Baptist churches in the city of Cleveland, Ohio. Duringthe year '61 he enlisted as a private in the 6th Ohio Vol. Inft. and wasmade chaplain of his company. He was mustered out in '64. In 1870 Mr.Fuller came to Long Prairie and shortly after organized the Baptistchurch at this place and was its first pastor. He also organized theBaptist church in Sauk Centre. Early in the '80's he removed to St. Pauland for about 12 years was assistant pastor of the First Baptist churchin that city. During his residence in St. Paul he was a member of Ackerpost G. A. R., the first post of the city, and for a long time was itschaplain. At the time of his death he was an honored member and chaplainof E. T. Wood post, of this place. He was an active member of the G. A.R. ever since it was organized. Besides his aged wife he left two sonsand two daughters to mourn.; Ful-PW1, page 2.
- [S219] Bible, Pulasky W Fuller family bible (4 hand written BMD pages, itappears that PW entered the names and dates to his new bible in 1856from memory then added children as they were born/died), (American Bible Society, New York, New York, USA, Published: 1854), Ful-PW1, page 30., Ful-PW1, page 30a.
- [S101] Baptism Record, PW Fuller, (Date: May 25, 1823), Ful-PW1, page 1., “Boston Church Records” The Records of the Churches of Boston. CD_ROM.Boston, Mass.: (Online database. NewEnglandAncestors.org.)
Copy in W.L. Fuller Books
Record reads "Pulaski Woodman, son of Sumner & [blank] FULLER".;Ful-PW1, page 1.
- [S112] Census data for the Fuller Family, Compiler: US Federal & State Census Data, (USA Federal & State, Obtained from Ancestry or NEHGS), Ful- Various., 1840 Census for Andover; Ful-PW3, Section II.
- [S106] Vital Records, Massachusetts, Compiler: State of Massachusetts, USA, (Publisher: NEHGS - Online, 99-101 Newbury Street, Boston, MA), Ful-various., PW is listed with these occupations on the following records:
1847 -Lowell Birth Birth Record for Amos(1) Woodman - a Spinner;
1848 -Lowell Birth Record of Charles E.- a Colporteur (seller ofreligious material);
1850 -Leominster Birth Record of George L. - a Bookseller;
1852 -Leominster Birth Record of Amos(2) - a Labourer;
1855 -Fall River Birth Record of Myron - a Labourer;
1855 -Fall River Birth Record of Miriam - an Auctioneer;
1856 -Fall River Birth Record of Jacob Henry - a Labourer;; Ful-PW2,page 6-9.
- [S111] City Directories, USA, Ful-PW1, Section I., These city directories list the following information:
1847, Lowell, MA -PW working for Hamilton Print (fabric) works, house,Lawrence St.;
1849, Lowell, MA -PW Colporteur (seller of religious material), house,Fayette St.;
1853, Lowell, MA -PW Hostler (stableman-horses), house #8 MiddlesexSt.;
1855, Lowell, MA -PW;
1857, Fall River, MA -Zilpha;; Ful-PW3, Section I.
- [S112] Census data for the Fuller Family, Compiler: US Federal & State Census Data, (USA Federal & State, Obtained from Ancestry or NEHGS), Ful- Various., 1850, Sept 13, Fed. Census for Leominster, MA, PW's occupation is listedas a labourer.; Ful-PW3, Section II.
- [S113] Pension File, PW Fuller, (National Archives and Records Administration, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue,NW, Washington, DC, 20408-0001), Ful-PW, Section II., Ful-PW3, p2-2.
- [S228] Research Notes - Fuller Family, Author: Members of the Fuller Family, Various., We have a copy of PW's large pension file where he it trying to get anincreased pension due to suffering from the war years.; Ful- PW3, page2-6.
- [S112] Census data for the Fuller Family, Compiler: US Federal & State Census Data, (USA Federal & State, Obtained from Ancestry or NEHGS), Ful- Various., 1871 Census page 24/25 for District 126 Brome and Subdistrict Potton,Subdivision No. 1, Line 18, Dwelling 8897; Fuller, PW Rev. M, age 47,born US, Rel. Bapt. Lang. English, Church: Baptist, Occ, Clergyman,married, Y; Zilpha 46 F born US; Miron 16 M born US; Anna 12 F born US,School -Y; Charles 9 M born US, school Y; Nackey 2 F born US; Buckman,Asian 39 M, born US, carpender.; PW3, Census.
- [S109] Research by the Baptist Church re PW Fuller, Baptist Historical Society, (March, 2003), Ful-PW1, page 10., We can follow the ministerial activities of PW through publications ofthe "Vermont Chronicle" published in Bellows Falls, VT. He:
16 July 1865, Groton - performed a marriage
15 Nov 1865, Groton - ditto
25 Jan 1866, in Topsham, PW of Groton - performed a marriage
27 Jan 1866, Groton - ditto
06 Feb 1866, Groton - ditto
27 Aug 1866, Groton - ditto
25 Dec 1867, Groton - "On the afternoon and evening of Dec 25, themembers of the Baptist Church and society in Groton made their annualdonation visit to their pastor P.W. Fuller. They left with him and hisfamily, cash and necessary articles to the amount of one hundred and endollars, for which they have the thanks of the minister and hisfamily."
22 Dec 1868, Groton - performed a marriage
12 May 1869, North Troy - "The labors of Rev. P.W. Fuller of North Troy,have been blessed the past winter and 12 converts were baptized into thefellowship of the Baptist Church."
02 Sept 1869, North Troy - performed a marriage
14 Jun 1871, Braintree - delivered a sermon during the annual BaptistBarre association meeting at Montpelier.
21 Jun 1871, Braintree - delivered a sermon during the annual CentralBaptist Association meeting.
26 Aug 1871, Braintree - "Eight persons have recently been baptized atthe Braintree Baptist church by the pastor, Rev. P.W. Fuller."; Ful-PW1,page 10, 18.
- [S112] Census data for the Fuller Family, Compiler: US Federal & State Census Data, (USA Federal & State, Obtained from Ancestry or NEHGS), Ful- Various., 1860, July 9, Fed. Census shows PW (37) as a Baptist Minister. AlsoZilpha (36), George L. (9), Myron (4), Mary Ann (1), Nackey E. (5/12).;Ful-PW3, Section II.
- [S109] Research by the Baptist Church re PW Fuller, Baptist Historical Society, (March, 2003), Ful-PW1, page 10., He is listed as missionary pastor stationed in Long Prairie, MN. at theMN Baptist Convention on Sept 21, 1872, Rev. P.W. Fuller was welcomed asa new minister to the state. He had preached at the service the eveningbefore.; Ful-PW1, page 10.
- [S113] Pension File, PW Fuller, (National Archives and Records Administration, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue,NW, Washington, DC, 20408-0001), Ful-PW, Section II., Ful-PW3, Section III, p2-3.
- [S112] Census data for the Fuller Family, Compiler: US Federal & State Census Data, (USA Federal & State, Obtained from Ancestry or NEHGS), Ful- Various., The 1875, State census shows PW (52) in Reynolds Co., MN born MA. Alsoshown are wife (50), Myron (18), Mary A. (15), Charles W. (13), Nacky(6), George S. (21) b. MI - [son of PW's Brother George S.] & Dana Tufts(18).
The June 1, 1880 Federal census shows PW (57) in Reynolds, Todd Co., MNas a preacher. Also listed is his wife 'Polly' (56), Charles (18) andNackey (11).; Ful-PW3, Section II.
- [S109] Research by the Baptist Church re PW Fuller, Baptist Historical Society, (March, 2003), Ful-PW1, page 10., According to the Minnesota Historical Society, The Baptist yearly minutesshow PW as a minister:
1872-77, Long Prairie, Todd Co.
1878, Otto, Pope Co.; Pastor Lake Amelia; Clerk for the N. Baptist Ass.
1879-80, Long Prairie
1881, Glenwood, Polk Co.
1882, Clotho, Todd Co.
1884, Kasson, Dodge Co.
1885, Rushford, Fillmore Co.
1886-94, St. Paul, Ramsy Co.
1895, Sauk Center, Stearns Co.
1896-97, Long Prairie, Todd Co.
The minutes for the 38th Baptist State Convention for Central MN, (Oct11-15, 1897) on p41 reveals the following, "Rev. P.W. Fuller, of LongPrairie, wile active in pastoral work at past three score and ten years,was taken suddenly into the presence of the Lord, whom he had faithfullyserved in pastores East and West, and as an army chaplin during the warof 1861. He was filling the place of chaplin of his Grand Army Post atthe time of his death." On page 67 under 'Ministers Deceased' it lists"P.W. Fuller, Long Prarie, Jan, 1897."; Ful-PW1, p10a-f.
- [S114] Book, History of Olmsted, Winona, Dodge Co.1884, Dr. LH Bunnell, Dr. JM Cole, etc, (H H Hill & Company, Chicago, Illinois, USA, Published 1884), Ful-PW1, p 11., Page 889; Kasson history; Ful-PW1, p11.
- [S112] Census data for the Fuller Family, Compiler: US Federal & State Census Data, (USA Federal & State, Obtained from Ancestry or NEHGS), Ful- Various., The 1885, State census shows PW (62) in Kasson. Dodge Co., MN born MA.Also shown are wife Z. (61), Myron (29), Nacky (16), George (6) b. MN -[son of Myron].
The 1890 Federal census of Surviving Soldier, etc shows PW Rank,Corporal, E Co., 6 Ohio Inf., Date enlisted: 18 June 1861. Datedischarged: 1864, Service, 3 Years, 3 Mo. Current Postal: 1090 RiceStreet, St Paul, MN. Disability: Shot in left leg - Rheumatism, Remarks:discharged on surgeon certificate.; Ful-PW3, Section II.
- [S115] Homestead Papers PW Fuller 1882, Ful-PW1, p 16., We have a copy of: the original application dated 10 April 1882; finalfee payment dated 21 Nov 1882; Homestead Patent of 24 Nov 1883; SaleDeed dated 26 Oct 1886.; Ful-PW1, p16, 17.
- [S102] Obituary, Todd County Argus, (28 Jan 1897), Ful-PW1, p 2., Ful-PW1, page 2.
- [S135] Cemetery, Long Parairie, MN, Evergreen, (May 2008), Ful-PW1+Sum photo section., There are three cemeteries in a row, Evergreen, St, Mary, Lutheran.
Fuller Family Plot, Long Prairie, MN
Pulaski Woodman Fuller (1823-1897)- son of Sumner Fuller
George S. Fuller (1825-1884)- son of Sumner Fuller
George A. Fuller (1884-1879)- son of George S. Fuller
Mary Ann Fuller Tufts (1857-1920)- daughter of PW Fuller; no stone andis likely in the space between the other stones.; Ful-PW1, picturesection.
- [S141] Vital Records, Andover, MA, Compiler: Town Records compiled from Church Records, (Published by the Topsfield Historical Society, Topsfield, MA, 1912), Ful-various., Andover Marriages, Volume III, page 145+159. Sumner of Boston; SouthPerish Congregational Church. Also hand written document from theAndover town clerk which shows they were married by Rev. JustinEdwards.
Page 159, Marriages, "Greenleaf, Mary [H. C.R.2.], and Sumner Fuller ofBoston, April 30, 1822."
Page 145, Marriages, "Fuller, Sumner, of Boston, and Mary [H. C.R.2.]Greeleaf, April 30, 1822."; Ful-Sum, p 2.
- [S103] Marriage, Fuller, Pulaski Woodman & Zilpha, (Recorded 14 Dec. 1842), Ful-PW1, p 3., "State of Vermon, Windsor County; Be it remembered in County and State onthe 8 day of Dec. 1842, Pulaski Woodman Fuller of Boston, Mass. & ZilphaPerkins Buckman of Barnard Vt. were duly joined in marriage by me,Elisah Spear Minister. Recorded December 17, 1842 by Elisah Spear, TownClerk. Recorded in Barnard Vital Records 1774-1828 on page 167.Witnesses: Jerome Perkins & Lucia Perkins.; Ful-PW1, page 3.
- [S219] Bible, Pulasky W Fuller family bible (4 hand written BMD pages, itappears that PW entered the names and dates to his new bible in 1856from memory then added children as they were born/died), (American Bible Society, New York, New York, USA, Published: 1854), Ful-PW1, page 30., Ful-PW1, page 30c.